Our goal is to get patients better and get them home.
Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
- Stroke program
- Orthopedic program
- Bowel and bladder programs
- Orthopedic injuries (fractures, dislocations, sprains/strains)
- Post-surgical procedures (joint replacement, open reduction internal fixation, laminectomy, amputations)
- Neurologic disorders
- Post-stroke rehab
- Complex medical conditions
- Speech impairments
- Chronic pain syndromes
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on the identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following an evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increasing strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increasing motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improving coordination, balance, and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improving overall strength conditioning, range of motion, and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities, and independence have been impaired by illness, injury, or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing, and other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Full functioning kitchen for training purposes
- Family training
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing, and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Increased Therapy Gym Size
Residents retain and regain mobility with strength training from professional medical equipment.
Some of this equipment includes:
- eTru Kinetic
- NuStep Recumbent Cross Trainer
- Parallel bars
- Progressive Stairs Trainer
- This equipment is geared toward low impact/joint protection.
Residents enjoy physical activities using the latest entertainment technology from Nintendo Wii. We utilize the Wii-Fit as well as Wii-Sports.
Computer/Internet Cognition and Memory Program
Cognition and memory games are available from a cognitive workstation, with the availability to surf the web and e-mail family via the internet. Access to wifi as well as an iPad is available.
Fully Functioning Kitchen
To help transition back to home life, we provide a meal prep simulation area, so that residents can regain their independence in the kitchen.
Homeward Bound Program
Highly individual and personal, the nursing and rehab teamwork with residents with an emphasis on returning home.